Billy Rubin

The adventures of a pre-clerkship medical student.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

To My Pancreas

Kerri Morrone, a patient with diabetes, writes an "Open Letter to My Pancreas."

Dear Pancreas I’m not sure what the hell happened to you, but you’ve taken it upon yourself to stop working. You did have that job for about six years, where you got up early every day and produced my insulin, but apparently that was too much for you. You were laid off or fired or something. Don’t blame it on that virus again. I think you just slept through the alarm and were let go and you just don’t want to admit it.
Read the rest at Six Until Me. It's good stuff.



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kerri. said...

Dear Billy,

Thanks for featuring my post, "An Open Letter to my Pancreas," on your blog. I really appreciate it!

Best of luck with your site. Hope to see you around Six Until Me. again!

Thanks,
Kerri.

5:15 p.m.  
Blogger William Rubin said...

Hi Kerri,

I really enjoy your blog. You provide a great perspective on how to deal with and incorporate diabetes into one's life.

Billy

11:45 a.m.  
Blogger Ron Lewis of Baltimore said...

William Rubin,

I am trying to find how a certain hormone is spelled so that I can research it. I typed the way it sounded to me in the Internet search engine and up popped your Blog. I am encouraged that you are a medical student, and furthermore that you study endocrinology. And therefore you might know of the hormone and probably know much more about it than I do. Even if you do not know, you probably would be able to figure out the spelling or have someone to ask. I do not know how to contact the lecturer from whom I heard of the hormone. And I am not a medical student.

This is some kind of hormone (I think it is a hormone) that a human baby produces when it is first born. The amount of hormone typically increases for three to four days and then decreases. I think that the condition of this hormone's being elevated is called something like "jaundice". It sounds like "Billy Rubin" to me. Maybe it sounds like bili-rupin because a 'b' can sound like a 'p' to me sometimes.

If I would know your e-mail address, I would not disturb your blog. So, I hope you forgive me. And I hope you will help me find how to spell this hormone so that I can research it and find out more about it.

I will certainly appreciate your help. I do not plan to bother you or trouble you further. If you will help me by answering my question, you can simply e-mail the answer to me

Ron Lewis
rlewis *AT* indinfer.com

My web site is http://indinfer.com

11:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home